homeschool STEM / STEAM
Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, Math
The Playroom STEAM class is for Homeschoolers ages 5 years and up.
STEAM Education is an approach to teaching and learning that combines science, technology, engineering, the arts, and math to guide student inquiry, discussion, and problem-solving. Education experts say STEAM education is about more than developing practical skills alone.
STEAM classes are often holiday or seasonally themed. This hands on class allows children to work together with peers to create, explore, and discover various media.
STEAM Classes are typically held on the third friday of the month at 1:30 for ages 5+. Fee includes instruction, supplies, and an hour of open play in The Playroom with the accompanying adult.
Stay & Play Sessions
Stay & Play allows a child to Drop-In at The Playroom after their STEAM class until close .
- Payment must be made at time of registration to secure class spot.
- Payments are non-refundable.
- A 5% credit card fee fee added to all online transactions
- Classes are full with 10 students; must have 5 registered for the class to run.
- All inclement weather cancellations & State of Emergency situations will be made up with passes to The Playroom.
- If HCPS has a 2 hour delay, we will open on time. If HCPS is closed, please call or check our website for details.
- If you are unable to make it to your scheduled class, one make-up visit will be issued each session with a pass to The Playroom for free play. The pass must be picked up before the end of the session.
Meet Your Instructor
Miss Angie teaches Sensory Quest and Princess Dance Class and has over 20 years experience working with children from infancy to 12 years of age.
She graduated with her Master’s of Early Childhood Education from Towson University where she studied and wrote several papers on the importance of sensory play, process art, and hands-on experience.
My daughter has attended many of the STEAM classes at The Playroom. She looks forward to them each month frequently asking when she can go back. Her excitement to tell me the details after class, and still later at our dinner table, shows me how much she has learned.
I like that The Playroom strives to keep them engaged at their own cognitive level while letting them socialize with children of other ages. This class is a once a month gem that I am grateful we have discovered!
Mom of Carter, 8