The Playroom Pre-K is for children ages 3-5 years.
This independent class meets once a week and is taught by a certified early childhood educator. The 2 hour program focuses on the academic portion of preschool: days of the week, months of the year, letter of the day, sight words, etc. Children should bring a nut-free packed lunch.
Your student will learn—
Letter Identification & Sound
Counting & Number Concepts
School Readiness Skills
Pre-School Prep Sessions
Join us for 8 week sessions on Thursdays from 11:00-1:00pm.
Stay & Play Sessions
Stay & Play allows a child to Drop-In at The Playroom on the day of Playroom Pre-K.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to secure class spot.
- Payments are non-refundable.
- A 5% credit card fee fee added to all online transactions
- Classes are full with 10 students; must have 5 registered for the class to run.
- All inclement weather cancellations & State of Emergency situations will be made up with passes to The Playroom.
- If HCPS has a 2 hour delay, we will open on time. If HCPS is closed, please call or check our website for details.
- If you are unable to make it to your scheduled class, one make-up visit will be issued each session with a pass to The Playroom for free play. The pass must be picked up before the end of the session.
Forgot to Register?
Call to see if there are still openings in the class of your choice.
Join late and enjoy a prorated fee!
Call to see if there are still openings in the class of your choice. Join late and enjoy a prorated fee!
Meet Your Instructor
As a University of Delaware Graduate, Kelsey worked with at-risk teens in Baltimore city which sparked her passion for teaching. She taught Special Education for seven years and earned her Masters degree from Notre dame of Maryland for Leadership in Teaching in Special education.
Currently, she is the proud momma of two little kids and teaches the Playroom Pre-K class. Additionally, she has enjoyed teaching summer day camps the last two years at The Playroom.
- MA Leadership in Teaching in Special Education
The Playroom Pre-K was exactly what I was looking for!
It meets only one day per week and focuses on academics.
My child is participating in circle time, learning basic academic skills necessary to move into kindergarten, and is socializing with peers.
The energetic staff keeps the children constantly engaged in fun and creative ways!
Mom of Sam, 4
Pre-K day is my daughter’s favorite day of the week!
Ms. Kelsey has such a fun way of presenting skills, even to a hesitant learner.
After class, I love to hear about all of the silly things that happened during class time.
We both appreciate that the program focuses on the whole child and teaches skills using music and movement, not just sitting at a desk.
Mom of Carter, 3