Intro Statement Goes here
NEW COPY GOES HERE Sensory play helps to build nerve connections in the brain and encourages the development of language and motor skills.
Sensory materials are any material a child plays with that stimulates their five senses, sight, smell, sound, touch, and taste. The best sensory materials stimulate more than one sense. They can be played with and manipulated in many different ways for different results and exploration.
The Playroom’s weekly class for preschoolers combines education with sensory components for a complete lesson. Preschool-level academics are embedded into the theme of the day complete with a story and lots of manipulation.
Strike a tune on the following instruments
Jan & Feb Session $56
Classes held Tuesday at 2:00pm from January xx—February xx 2022.
March & April Session $56
Classes held Tuesday at 2:00pm from March xx—April xx 2022.
- Payment must be made at time of registration to secure class spot.
- Classes are full with 10 students; must have 5 registered for the class to run.
- All inclement weather cancellations & State of Emergency situations will be made up with passes to The Playroom.
- If HCPS has a 2 hour delay, we will open on time. If HCPS is closed, please call or check our website for details.
- If you are unable to make it to your scheduled class, one make-up visit will be issued each session with a pass to The Playroom for free play. The pass must be picked up before the end of the session.
Upcoming Classes —
Meet The Instructor
Placeholder text goes here. The concept of StoryPlay and its current home, The Playroom, were both created by Keri. The ideas stemmed from activities she had sought for her own children but was unable to find in her community.
Sensory Quest is a wonderful hands-on STEAM exploration of favorite children’s stories. My 5-year-old daughter looks forward to it every week.
I love when she explains the stories and acts them out for me afterward.
— Kathryn, Mom of Elanor, 5
I am grateful for this class because my sensory-seeking 4-year-old loves all messy play while I do not enjoy having it in my home.
Ms. Angie provides a wide variety of tactile experiences while pairing them with a story to create a multifaceted educational experience.
— Beth, Mom of Jayden, 4